XRP and XRPL's Hidden Superpower Revealed by Ripple Engineer
Senior engineer at Ripple Neil Hartner decodes really special XRP and XRP Ledger feature...
- Neil Hartner, a senior staff software engineer at Ripple, has discovered a hidden superpower of XRP Ledger (XRPL) related to single-sided deposits within automated market makers (AMMs).
- Single-sided deposits allow users to contribute liquidity to pools even if they don't have access to one of the required assets.
- Nik Bougalis, former director of engineering at Ripple, expressed satisfaction that single-sided deposits made it into the final version of XRPL's AMM.
- Single-sided deposits do not require the sale of assets but instead alter the pool's asset ratio and effective exchange rate.
- This capability is not limited to XRP pools and can be applied to any pool where users own one of the assets involved, simplifying liquidity provision and expanding DeFi participation.
The article discusses a recent discovery by Neil Hartner regarding single-sided deposits in XRPL's AMMs. The sentiment is positive as it highlights the potential revolutionary impact of this innovation on decentralized finance.