X vs Media Matters: Texas AG Investigates Fraud Allegations
X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, owned by Elon Musk, is facing a legal battle with Media...
- X, formerly known as Twitter and owned by Elon Musk, is facing a legal battle with Media Matters over allegations of running ads next to anti-semitic content.
- Media Matters published a report accusing X of failing to moderate and remove hate speech, and profiting from the promotion of extremism.
- Elon Musk sued Media Matters for defamation, claiming the report was false and misleading.
- The Texas Attorney General announced an investigation into Media Matters for potential fraudulent activities.
- X's CEO, Linda Yaccarino, stated that the allegations were unfounded and only two users had seen Apple's ad next to anti-semitic content.
The article discusses a legal battle between X and Media Matters over allegations of running ads next to anti-semitic content. Elon Musk and X deny the allegations and have sued Media Matters for defamation. The Texas Attorney General has announced an investigation into Media Matters. The outcome of these actions could have significant implications for free speech and online communication.