Worldcoin (WLD) Price Hits All-Time High as OpenAI Changes CEO, 3 Million WLD Sent to Exchanges
WLD skyrocketed as its creator Sam Altman got fired from OpenAI CEO position, and now he promises to build amazing new product...
- A significant amount of Worldcoin (WLD) has been deposited on various crypto exchanges in the last seven hours, totaling around three million WLD.
- The transactions were made by market maker GSR and an anonymous whale who had previously sold a large stash of WLD.
- Worldcoin's price soared to an all-time high of $2.5 after WLD founder Sam Altman was sacked as CEO from OpenAI.
- Altman and his team plan to start building a new product.
- GSR transferred 1.83 million WLD ($4.47 million) to digital exchanges, and the anonymous whale sent 1.1 million WLD ($2.66 million) to Binance.
- The same whale previously sold two million WLD on Binance for $1.76 and bought six million WLD for $8.7 million on Binance and OKX.
- Altman was relieved of his CEO position at OpenAI, and the company's president, Greg Brockman, resigned in support of Altman.
- OpenAI has hired former Twitch CEO Emmett Shear as the new CEO.
- Altman and Brockman are gathering a team to start a new company.
The sentiment of the article is mostly neutral, with a focus on reporting the events and transactions related to Worldcoin and the changes at OpenAI.