What Does Ripple (XRP) Need to Catch up to Ethereum?
There's been an interesting discussion around the things Ripple needs to begin catching up to Ethereum....
- There is a discussion among XRP enthusiasts on Twitter about the future of Ripple and its support for XRP holders.
- Some argue that Ripple is shifting its focus from cross-border payments with XRP to new use cases like institutional custody of digital assets, derivatives, CBDCs, and carbon credit markets.
- It is suggested that relying solely on Ripple is not enough for the long-term prosperity of XRP.
- Ripple recently expanded its liquidity hub to Brazil and Australia and acquired the crypto-focused financial institution Fortress Trust.
- A blockchain analyst points out that there is a need for 100,000 active projects in the XRP ecosystem to catch up to Ethereum's development.
- Another user argues that XRPL is not solely focused on smart contracts and different use cases will create different value.
Go to publisher site
The sentiment of the article seems to be a mix of positive and critical views towards Ripple and its future development.
You May Ask
What are some of the new use cases that Ripple is shifting towards?What recent expansions and acquisitions has Ripple made?How many active projects are needed in the XRP ecosystem to catch up to Ethereum?What is the argument against XRPL being a smart contract-centered chain?What is the sentiment of the article towards Ripple's future prospects?