TradFi will remain ‘mostly out’ of Crypto, says BitGo CEO
BitGo CEO Mike Belshe believes that traditional financial (TradFi) firms will remain mostly out of crypto....
- BitGo CEO Mike Belshe believes that traditional financial firms will mostly stay outside of the crypto space.
- U.S. regulators have taken a strict stance towards the crypto industry, while regulators outside the U.S. provide clearer regulatory channels.
- Belshe proposes that crypto businesses and traditional financial institutions work together to build a better, more secure market.
- BitGo abandoned its plan to acquire Prime Trust due to rumors of insolvency, but Belshe mentioned that other acquisitions are on the way.
- Belshe predicts consolidation in the crypto custodian platform industry within the next six months.
The overall sentiment of the article is neutral. It discusses the perspectives of BitGo CEO Mike Belshe on the relationship between traditional financial institutions and the crypto industry, as well as the regulatory challenges and potential acquisitions in the market.