Worldcoin’s Digital Identity Protocol Goes Live Alongside GPT-4 - The Defiant
15 Mar 2023 11:20 PM
As Altman-backed OpenAI progresses, so does the tech titan's identity venture...
- OpenAI released a new version of its AI-powered chatbot, GPT-4, which replaces human functions with robots.
- Worldcoin launched World ID, a protocol that aims to provide tools for developers to prove that there is a real person behind a digital action.
- World ID runs on Ethereum and stands to potentially give developers working in crypto a new way to establish whether there is a real person behind a transaction.
- Worldcoin is producing a Software Development Kit (SDK), which will allow developers to build applications using the protocol.
- Worldcoin's flagship way of establishing personhood is by allowing a battery-powered piece of hardware called the "Orb" to scan a user's iris.
- The most straightforward use of a World ID is to sign into applications.
- AI's rapid development highlights digital identity's importance as the technology stands to make it easy to automate and replicate digital actions.
Go to publisher site
The article discusses the progress of OpenAI and Worldcoin in the field of digital identity and blockchain technology. The tone is informative and neutral.
What is GPT-4 and how does it replace human functions with robots?
What is World ID and how does it aim to establish a real person behind a digital action?
What is Worldcoin's Software Development Kit (SDK) and what does it allow developers to do?
What is the Orb and how does it establish personhood in Worldcoin's system?
Why is digital identity important in the context of AI's rapid development?