The List of Cryptocurrencies the SEC Called a Security in the Latest Kraken Lawsuit
Cardano (ADA) and Solana (SOL) are among the crypto assets labeled securities by the US SEC....
- The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has filed a lawsuit against cryptocurrency trading venue Kraken, accusing it of operating as an unregistered securities exchange, broker, dealer, and clearing agency.
- The SEC alleges that Kraken offered trading services with certain cryptocurrencies without registering them first with the Commission.
- The cryptocurrencies mentioned in the lawsuit include Cardano (ADA), Solana (SOL), The Sandbox (SAND), Near Protocol (NEAR), Polygon (MATIC), Avalanche (AXS), Algorand (ALGO), Cosmos (ATOM), Chiliz (CHZ), COTI (COTI), Decentraland (MANA), Dash (DASH), Filecoin (FIL), Flow (FLOW), Internet Computer (ICP), and OMG Network (OMG).
- Ripple's native token, XRP, is not included in the list, but the SEC previously accused Ripple of illegally raising funds through an unregistered securities offering.
- A trial scheduled for April next year will determine the outcome of the legal dispute between the SEC and Kraken.
Go to publisher site
The sentiment of the article is negative towards the US SEC's actions and its impact on the cryptocurrency industry.
You May Ask
Which cryptocurrencies were mentioned in the SEC's lawsuit against Kraken?Why is Ripple's native token, XRP, not included in the list of cryptocurrencies labeled as securities?What were the accusations made by the SEC against Ripple regarding XRP?When is the trial between the SEC and Kraken scheduled to take place?How has the SEC's actions affected the cryptocurrency industry?