Tether forms agreement with Georgia for development of blockchain industry hub
Tether said it intends to position Georgia as a blockchain hub....
- Tether, a cryptocurrency company, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Georgia to create a flourishing environment for peer-to-peer and blockchain technology.
- The collaboration aims to position Georgia as a central hub for these technologies, attracting international attention and investment.
- The partnership focuses on fostering the startup ecosystem in Georgia, including the creation of a local startup development fund and cooperation in the educational field.
- Tether and the Georgian government will work with local academic institutions to develop educational programs for cryptocurrency industry employment.
- Georgia joins other regions like El Salvador, Switzerland, Portugal, UAE, and Hong Kong in their efforts to become leading cryptocurrency hubs.
The article highlights a positive sentiment towards the collaboration between Tether and the Government of Georgia, emphasizing the potential for innovation, economic growth, and the development of a thriving peer-to-peer and blockchain technology environment in the region.