Tether Freezes A Staggering $225 Million In USDT - Details | Bitcoinist.com
Stablecoin issuer, Tether has made the largest USDT freeze in its history following a joint investigation in collaboration with US law enforcement....
- Tether, the issuer of the USDT stablecoin, has conducted its largest USDT freeze in history.
- The freeze was a result of a joint investigation with US law enforcement agencies targeting a human trafficking organization in Southeast Asia.
- Approximately $225 million USDT in external custodial wallets connected to the organization were permanently suspended.
- Tether assisted the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) in its enforcement actions against the illicit organization.
- The investigation involved collaboration between Tether, the DOJ, OKX (a centralized exchange), and Chainalysis (a blockchain analysis firm).
- US law enforcement agencies tracked the movement of funds linked to the organization through the blockchain.
- Tether has expressed its commitment to aiding global law enforcement agencies in eradicating illicit activities in the crypto space.
The article highlights Tether's proactive approach in assisting law enforcement agencies to combat illicit activities in the crypto space. The sentiment is positive, emphasizing Tether's commitment to maintaining a safe environment and upholding transparency.