Swiss National Bank Will Do a Test Run of CBDCs
The Swiss CBDC will be sold on the SIX platform and counted as a test run for a possible wider release....
- The Swiss National Bank (SNB) announced the upcoming launch of a Swiss CHF-based CBDC during a banking conference held in Zurich.
- The CBDC will be available on SIX Digital Exchange for a limited time only and will be viewed as a test run to ascertain whether a larger scale approach to eCHF is warranted or not.
- The CBDC will be "real money", backed by the SNB and the objective is to test real transactions with market participants.
- Cash will not be going anywhere even if CBDCs are introduced at a larger scale within Switzerland.
- The introduction of a CBDC is indicative of the constant research performed by Swiss authorities on the subject.
The article presents a positive sentiment towards the upcoming launch of the Swiss CHF-based CBDC and highlights the constant research performed by Swiss authorities on the subject.