SEC to Reply Coinbase’s Legal Defense on July 13
According to a court order issued on Thursday, June 29, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will respond...
- The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will respond to Coinbase's initial legal defense on July 13, as per a court order issued on June 29.
- The SEC requested a three-day extension to prepare their response, which was granted by the defendants.
- The previous deadline for the SEC to respond was July 3, 2023, but it has been extended to July 13.
- The pre-trial conference has been rescheduled as a pre-motion conference, now taking place on July 13 at 2:00 pm UTC.
- Coinbase has filed a letter with the court, requesting permission to file a petition for judgment on the pleadings according to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(c).
- Coinbase had previously filed a 177-page response to the SEC's complaint before the August 7 deadline.
- Coinbase argues that many of the tokens mentioned in the SEC's case are outside the commission's jurisdiction.
The sentiment of the article is neutral, providing factual information about the court order and the actions taken by Coinbase and the SEC.