US SEC Commissioner Urges Crypto Firms To Not Give Up The Fight | Bitcoinist.com
Pro-Crypto US SEC Commissioner Hester Pierce has urged crypto firms not to back down in the push for regulatory clarity....
- US SEC Commissioner Hester Pierce urges crypto firms not to give up in seeking regulatory clarity amidst the SEC's crackdown on digital asset companies.
- Pierce believes there is a need for collaboration between stakeholders and the SEC to develop the right approach to regulating the industry.
- She emphasizes the SEC's lack of a comprehensive regulatory framework for digital assets and mentions that other countries like Switzerland and Singapore are ahead in providing regulatory clarity.
- Pierce dismisses the notion that the SEC is unfamiliar with crypto technology, stating that there are knowledgeable individuals within the agency.
- The SEC has faced criticism for its enforcement actions without a regulatory framework, with arguments that it should focus on companies offering securities rather than crypto.
- Solana's co-founder Anatoly Yakovenko calls on the US Congress to swiftly develop laws to regulate the crypto industry and protect American technological leadership.
- Regulatory uncertainty in the US is deterring entrepreneurs from starting crypto projects and causing some companies to move their operations abroad.
The sentiment in the article is mostly positive, with Commissioner Pierce urging crypto firms not to give up and expressing the need for collaboration and regulatory clarity. However, there is also a mention of regulatory uncertainty deterring entrepreneurs and companies from operating in the US.