Sam Altman’s Exit From OpenAI Causes Price Drop for Worldcoin Token
OpenAI co-founder Sam Altman was fired from the company last Friday, driving investors "livid”—Worldcoin token prices dropped hours later....
- OpenAI's board of directors removed co-founder and CEO, Sam Altman, due to his lack of consistent communication with the board.
- Altman's departure caused the value of the Worldcoin (WLD) token to drop to $1.84.
- Altman was reportedly seeking funding for his new AI-focused chip company called "Tigris" before being ousted from OpenAI.
- The Worldcoin token's value rebounded briefly after reports of Altman's potential reinstatement but dropped again when it was announced that Emmett Shear would replace him as CEO.
- Microsoft announced that Altman and Greg Brockman would be joining them to lead a new advanced AI research team, while still maintaining their association with OpenAI.
The article primarily focuses on the removal of Sam Altman as CEO of OpenAI and the impact it had on the Worldcoin token. The sentiment is mostly negative, highlighting Altman's lack of communication and the subsequent drop in token value. However, there is also mention of potential reinstatement and Altman's new role at Microsoft, which adds a positive aspect.