Ripple (XRP) Not Named a Security in the Latest SEC Filing v. Kraken
Ripple's native cryptocurrency - XRP - is not among the tokens classified as unregistered securities in the SEC's lawsuit against Kraken....
- The SEC has filed a lawsuit against Kraken, accusing the company of operating as an unregistered securities exchange, broker, dealer, and clearing agency.
- Ripple's native token, XRP, is not part of the list of unregistered securities involved in the lawsuit against Kraken.
- Despite not being involved in the legal battle, the price of XRP has experienced a slight decline.
- The SEC has also filed lawsuits against other cryptocurrency firms, including Binance and Ripple.
- The legal battle between Ripple and the SEC is ongoing, with a grand trial scheduled for next spring.
The sentiment of the article is mostly negative, as it discusses the SEC's lawsuit against Kraken and the decline in XRP's price. However, it also mentions Ripple's partial wins in the legal battle, which could be seen as positive.