Pro-XRP Lawyer: 'One Day Closer' To Unveiling ETH Gate
Pro-XRP lawyer John E Deaton alluded to the existence of damning information about ETH Gate that could be disclosed soon....
- John E Deaton, a lawyer known for his pro-XRP stance, hinted at the existence of damning information about ETH Gate that could be revealed soon.
- Deaton's statement was in response to tweets from Steven Nerayoff, an early adviser to the Ethereum network, who recently had criminal extortion charges against him dismissed.
- ETHGate refers to the theory that Ethereum received preferential treatment from U.S. regulators compared to other digital assets like XRP.
- Deaton and Nerayoff both question the regulatory pass given to Ethereum and suggest potential conflicts of interest and insider information.
- Charles Hoskinson, one of Ethereum's founders and Cardano founder, believes personal relationships may have influenced regulatory decisions but denies the idea of Ethereum bribing the SEC.
The sentiment in the article is mixed. John E Deaton and Steven Nerayoff express skepticism and raise questions about the regulatory treatment of Ethereum, while Charles Hoskinson believes personal relationships may have played a role but denies the idea of bribery.