Binance's Yi He speaks on CZ relationship, says she's no Caroline Ellison
In an interview with Bloomberg, Binance co-founder Yi He rejected comparisons between her relationship with CZ and the previous relationship between FTX co-founder Sam Bankman-Fried and Caroline Ellison....
- Binance co-founder Yi He clarifies her relationship with Binance CEO Changpeng "CZ" Zhao, stating that they are partners, not romantically involved.
- She emphasizes that a co-founder relationship is based on shared beliefs and comradeship, while a dating relationship is based on physical attraction and selfish desires.
- Yi He compares her relationship with Zhao to that of college roommates and describes him as a "comrade-in-arms."
- She mentions that they have known each other since their OKCoin days and that Zhao brought her into Binance based on her achievements.
- Yi He addresses speculation about their relationship, comparing it to fans wishing for a romantic relationship between two people.
- She briefly discusses the possibility of leaving Binance and mentions that they have backup executives in training.
- Richard Teng, Binance's head of regional markets outside the U.S., is seen as a potential successor to Zhao.
- Binance is currently facing legal challenges from regulators in the U.S., but Yi He states that the company is willing to adapt to regulatory changes.
The overall sentiment of the article is neutral. Yi He clarifies her relationship with Zhao and addresses speculation, emphasizing the professional nature of their partnership. She also discusses the company's preparedness for their potential departure and willingness to adapt to regulatory changes.