Polygon Labs Details MATIC to POL Transition in New Proposals
Polygon officially announced the release of three Polygon Improvement Proposals (PIPs) as part of the proposed Polygon 2.0 upgrade. Read more....
- Polygon has announced the release of three Polygon Improvement Proposals (PIPs) as part of the Polygon 2.0 upgrade.
- The main focus is the replacement of MATIC with POL as the new native coin in the Polygon ecosystem.
- This token replacement may have implications for Polygon's investors, especially considering the recent classification of MATIC as a security token by the SEC.
- The PIPs detail how Polygon Network will adopt POL, with smart contracts enabling the POL token to retain the properties of MATIC.
- This announcement marks a milestone in the 2.0 upgrade proposal that started in June, with Polygon transitioning to a zero-knowledge solution.
The sentiment of the article is neutral. It provides information about the release of PIPs and the token replacement, but does not express a positive or negative opinion.