Poloniex Hacker Given Deadline to Return the $100M Funds
PeckShield revealed that significant progress has been made in tracking down the $100 million stolen from Poloniex. Read more on CE....
- PeckShield has made significant progress in tracking down the $100 million stolen from Poloniex.
- The hacker has until 25 November to return the funds before police from multiple countries are involved.
- A $10 million white hat reward is being offered to the hacker for returning the stolen funds.
- The identity of the hacker has been confirmed, and police forces from China, the USA, and Russia are involved.
- All the stolen funds have been marked for tracking and cannot be used.
- If the funds are not returned by the deadline, police forces from multiple countries will take action.
- The security breach at Poloniex was likely due to a "private key compromise".
- PeckShield flagged suspicious transfers from the Poloniex wallet to the hacker's wallet.
- The transfers involved Ethereum, Tron, Tether, TrueUSD, Pepe, FLOKI, and Shiba Inu.
- TRX's price dropped 1.42% in the past 24 hours and had a poor weekly performance of -3.36%.
The sentiment of the article is negative due to the security breach and stolen funds, but there is hope for recovery with the progress made in tracking down the hacker and the white hat reward being offered.