U.S. SEC’s Crypto Enforcement Chief Warns More Charges Coming to Exchanges, DeFi
David Hirsch, who runs the agency’s office that handles crypto enforcement, says that apart from Coinbase and Binance, there are other exchanges and DeFi straying from the law....
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is actively pursuing crypto exchanges and DeFi projects that violate securities laws.
- The agency's enforcement office is investigating firms involved in similar activities as Coinbase and Binance.
- The SEC is interested in intermediaries such as brokers, dealers, and clearing agencies that fail to meet their obligations.
- DeFi projects will also be under scrutiny, and the label of DeFi will not deter the SEC from its work.
- The SEC has been involved in complex crypto cases and has faced challenges in court.
- Due to limited resources, the SEC cannot pursue all tokens or unregistered exchanges.
The sentiment of the article is negative towards crypto exchanges and DeFi projects that violate securities laws, as the SEC is actively pursuing them. The sentiment towards the SEC's enforcement efforts is neutral, acknowledging the challenges they face due to limited resources.