Hong Kong Probe Into Crypto Exchanges JPEX Results in Arrest
SCMP reported that Hong Kong police had received 83 complaints about the platform, which was operating without a license....
- Hong Kong cryptocurrency exchange JPEX has suspended trading following an investigation by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC).
- The SFC claims that JPEX has been operating without a license and has received numerous complaints.
- JPEX blames unfair treatment by relevant institutions for liquidity challenges and increased operating costs.
- JPEX will delist all transactions on its Earn Trading interface and is considering restructuring as a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
- JPEX's Taipei office has been vacated and Taiwanese influencers hired by the exchange have been questioned.
- JPEX claims to be licensed by securities authorities in Australia and registered with the U.S. Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- JPEX's exchange token, JPC, has seen a 21% decrease in value in the last 24 hours.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it highlights the suspension of trading, the arrest of an individual, complaints against JPEX, liquidity challenges, and a decrease in token value.