SEC vs Coinbase Case Set for July 13 After Exchange’s ‘Creative' Opening Response
The date for the court hearing is much earlier than expected, prompted by a "creative" defense tactic by Coinbase – it filed its response 40 days before the deadline of August 7, 2023....
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will respond to Coinbase's first legal defense on July 13, earlier than expected.
- Coinbase filed its response 40 days before the August 7 deadline, prompting the earlier hearing date.
- The SEC requested a three-day extension due to the July 4 holiday weekend, which was granted.
- The pre-trial conference was converted to a pre-motion conference and moved to July 13.
- Coinbase argues that many of the tokens in the SEC's case are outside the Commission's authority.
- Coinbase's tactic of filing its response early is seen as a creative strategy to present documents helpful to its cause.
- Judge Katherine Polk Failla will determine if Coinbase can proceed with its motion on July 13.
Go to publisher site