Canadian Lawmakers Call for National Blockchain, Crypto Strategy
The government of Canada should recognize blockchain as an emerging industry with "significant" long-term economic and job creation opportunities, a lawmaker committee on industry and tech said....
- A committee of lawmakers in Canada has published a set of policy recommendations calling for a national blockchain strategy.
- The committee wants the government to recognize the economic and job creation opportunities of the blockchain industry.
- They also recommend protecting individuals' right to self-custody of digital assets and promoting ease of access to safe and reliable on and off ramps.
- The committee suggests setting up a regulatory regime for stablecoins and regulations for crypto custody platforms.
- They emphasize the need for governments to partner with the industry to understand and regulate the sector effectively.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive, as the committee is calling for a national blockchain strategy and recognizing the economic opportunities of the industry. However, there is also a mention of strict regulations and the need to protect consumers without hindering innovation.