Driving Social Impact Through Emerging Technologies: A Conversation With Laurie Keith, VP of The Ad Council
We're thrilled to introduce our latest guest, Laurie Keith, VP of Emerging Media and Technology at Ad Council. Laurie joins us to delve into their collaborative efforts with a diverse range of companies spanning various industries and technologies, all aimed at crafting impactful social campaigns....
- The Ad Council is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that collaborates with brands, creative agencies, and media companies to raise awareness on topics like mental health and diversity and inclusion.
- They work through pro bono or donated media and have been responsible for iconic campaigns such as Smokey Bear and McGruff the Crime Dog.
- The organization is utilizing technology, the Metaverse, and Web3 to ignite action on important issues.
- The podcast episode discusses their approach and strategies in detail.
- Links mentioned in the podcast include Roblox's aspirations to become a dating app, generative AI statistics for 2023, Mila Kunis' web series Stoner Cats facing SEC enforcement action, Smokey Bear's YouTube channel, Laurie's Twitter account, and the Ad Council's website.
- The podcast is hosted by Sam Ewen and Avery Akkineni, with editing by Jonas Huck. It is executive produced by Jared Schwartz and produced by Uyen Truong. The theme music is "1882" by omgkirby x Channel Tres, with editing by Doc Blust. The artwork is by Nicole Marie Rincon.
- The podcast, titled "Generation Crypto," focuses on how brands and marketers are exploring and building in the Web3 ecosystem to experiment and potentially transform their businesses.
- The hosts discuss how Fortune 500 brands and startups are embracing blockchain, new technologies, the creator economy, and redefining fandom/ownership to attract attention, gain customers, and create value for their communities.
The overall sentiment of the article appears to be positive, highlighting the Ad Council's impactful work and their utilization of technology to address important issues.