OneCoin fraud: “CryptoQueen” lawyer denied new trial
The court has denied a motion seeking a new trial for the lawyer of OneCoin founder, Ruja “CryptoQueen” Ignatov....
- Mark Scott has been accused of laundering $400 million through the OneCoin crypto scam.
- In November 2019, Scott was found guilty of money laundering and bank fraud.
- A motion seeking a new trial for Scott has been denied by the U.S. District Judge.
- Scott argued that he was not aware of the fraudulent nature of the OneCoin scheme.
- Scott's lawyers plan to appeal the judgement.
The article presents a negative sentiment towards Mark Scott and the OneCoin crypto scam, highlighting the accusations, guilty verdict, and denial of a new trial.