ODX to Start Digital Securities Trading on Dec. 25 in Japan
Osaka Digital Exchange (ODX) plans to launch the trading of digital securities in Japan via security tokens issued by two real estate firms, Ichigo and...
- Osaka Digital Exchange (ODX) plans to launch the trading of digital securities in Japan using security tokens issued by Ichigo and Kenedix, two real estate firms.
- ODX's security token trading system will go live on December 25.
- Ichigo is offering asset-backed securities supported by real estate investments for over $20 million.
- Kenedix also intends to offer digital securities on the ODX platform.
- Security tokens represent a portion of a stake in an external asset or enterprise and comply with federal regulations.
- The market is still assessing the demand for alternative forms of protection, despite recent developments suggesting Japan's increasing receptiveness to digitally managed securities trading.
- Japan has seen notable developments in the adoption of digital assets, including the government's intention to allow businesses to raise capital through cryptocurrency issuance and DeCurrent Holdings' yen-backed stablecoin initiative.
The article discusses the plans of Osaka Digital Exchange to launch digital securities trading in Japan using security tokens issued by real estate firms. It highlights the potential benefits of security token trading and the increasing receptiveness of Japan towards digitally managed securities. Overall, the sentiment is positive.