North Korean Hackers Involved In Euler Finance Exploit: Chainalysis
19 Mar 2023 5:16 AM
The recent Euler Finance exploit is the largest attack in the crypto space in 2023. The incident occurred through a flash loan attack that led to the loss...
- Euler Finance suffered a flash loan attack that resulted in the loss of almost $200 million in crypto assets.
- Chainalysis, a blockchain analytics company, traced the stolen funds to a North Korean crypto address.
- The North Korean address received a transfer of about $170,000 of the stolen funds from the Euler platform.
- Another address linked with North Korean hackers received some Ether tokens worth almost $170 million.
- The hacker preyed on Euler software vulnerabilities that lack collateralization in flash loans to borrow huge funds.
- The hacker transferred some of the funds back to the Tornado Cash platform.
- North Korean hackers are notorious for increasing criminal activities and attacks on decentralized finance (DeFi).
- South Korea imposed sanctions on four North Korean hackers and seven groups that allegedly assisted in funding the weapons program of the regime.
Go to publisher site
The article has a negative sentiment as it discusses a major attack on Euler Finance resulting in the loss of almost $200 million in crypto assets. It also highlights the involvement of North Korean hackers in the attack and their increasing criminal activities and attacks on decentralized finance (DeFi).
What is Euler Finance and how did it suffer a major attack?
Who traced the stolen funds to a North Korean crypto address?
What is the connection between North Korean hackers and crypto attacks?
What percentage of the total hacking activities of North Korean hackers are attacks on DeFi protocols?
What sanctions did South Korea impose on North Korean hackers and groups involved in funding the weapons program of the regime?
flash loan attack
North Korean hackers