If Binance isn’t compliant, then practically no other global trading platform is: Binance co-founder
Yi He, who has been remarkably silent on Binance’s regulatory woes, put her finger on the scale in a new Bloomberg interview....
- Binance co-founder Yi He has expressed her opinions on the regulation of cryptocurrencies in a Bloomberg interview.
- She believes that crypto regulation is inevitable and mostly beneficial.
- Yi He's statements on regulation were made before the SEC sued Binance and its CEO Changpeng Zhao.
- She argues that if Binance is not compliant, then no other global trading platform or offshore company is.
- Yi He criticizes America's regulation-by-enforcement approach and claims that Binance has been cooperating with government agencies.
- The SEC alleges that Binance evaded oversight and put US investor capital at risk.
- Coinbase, a similar crypto exchange, also faces a lawsuit from the SEC for similar violations.
- Yi He acknowledges that the era of the crypto wild west is over and expresses respect for regulators' intentions to protect investors.
- She concludes by saying, "If you can't beat them, you have to surrender."
The overall sentiment of the article is mixed. Yi He's views on crypto regulation are seen as positive, but the SEC's allegations against Binance and Coinbase are negative.