Worldcoin's WLD Gains 6% as Sam Altman Joins Microsoft to Lead its New AI Research Team
Wroldcoin's WLD has gained around 7% amid the news that Microsoft has hired Sam Altman and Greg Brockman....
- Worldcoin's WLD has gained around 7% after Microsoft hired Sam Altman and Greg Brockman, co-founders of OpenAI, to lead a new advanced AI research team.
- WLD is currently trading at $2.41, up by more than 6.5% in the past day.
- Sam Altman's departure from OpenAI caused a sharp decline in WLD's value last week, dropping to as low as $1.86.
- Altman and Brockman were removed from OpenAI due to alleged lack of candid communication, leading to their hiring by Microsoft.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella confirmed the appointments and hinted at possible additional hires from OpenAI.
- Microsoft is already a major investor in OpenAI with over $10 billion invested.
- Worldcoin has faced criticism and controversy, including allegations of deception, exploitation, and cash handouts to acquire users.
- Governments, including the U.K., Germany, France, Kenya, and Argentina, have raised concerns about privacy, security, and financial implications of Worldcoin.
The sentiment of the article is mixed, with positive news about Worldcoin's price increase and Microsoft's hiring of Altman and Brockman, but also negative information about controversies surrounding Worldcoin.