Solana, others caught in SEC crackdown ‘don’t deserve it,’ Buterin says
A little less a month after Binance and Coinbase were sued, Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin defends rival chains that have been targeted....
- Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin expressed sympathy for blockchain projects targeted by US regulators, specifically mentioning Solana.
- He stated that if Ethereum "wins" by other blockchains being kicked off exchanges, it wouldn't be an honorable victory.
- Buterin believes the real threat is the expanding centralized world imposing itself on the crypto industry.
- Solana, Cardano, Polygon, Filecoin, The Sandbox, and Axie Infinity were deemed securities in SEC suits against Binance and Coinbase.
- Ether was not targeted in the SEC crackdown.
The sentiment of the article is mostly negative, as it discusses blockchain projects being targeted by US regulators and Buterin expressing sympathy for them.