Top Global Banks Reveal $10.27 Billion in Crypto, XRP Among Top Investment
Major global central banks have revealed a significant investment in crypto, with XRP emerging as a preferred digital asset....
- Major global central banks have invested significantly in cryptocurrencies, with XRP emerging as a preferred digital asset.
- The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) reports that 45 member central banks are exposed to digital assets.
- 19 member banks have included crypto asset data in their financial records, with a cumulative exposure of €9.4 billion ($10.27 billion).
- Only two banks hold more than half of the reported total crypto investment positions, while four other banks account for almost 40% of the remaining exposures.
- XRP constitutes 2% of the total exposure, valued at $205 million or €188 million.
- Bitcoin and Ethereum make up almost 53% of the total exposure, with BTC representing 31% and ETH constituting 22%.
- Other digital assets included in the banks' portfolios are Solana, Polkadot, Litecoin, Cardano, Stellar, among others.
- XRP, Bitcoin, and Ethereum comprise 90% of the total crypto exposure.
The article provides a positive outlook on the growing engagement of major global central banks with cryptocurrencies, highlighting the significant investment in digital assets.