This New RTFKT Virtual Sneakers by Nike Do Not Require Owning NFT, What’s Going On?
Fashion behemoth Nike has pre-launched new RTFKT Dunk Genesis sneakers that do not require an expensive NFT to buy. The public presale of the new...
- Nike has pre-launched new RTFKT Dunk Genesis sneakers that can be bought without owning an expensive NFT.
- The sneakers are designed with creators, gaming, and internet culture in mind, and come with removable mods and interchangeable vial attachments.
- The pre-sale of the sneakers has ended, with two drop times, and they are sold in two editions - Void and Ghost - priced at $222 a pair.
- Shipping for the Void edition will take place before July 31, 2024, while the Ghost edition will ship before August 31.
- The launch is associated with t-shirts featuring both brand logos and a quote.
- The sneakers have an embedded NFC chip that allows for the redemption of a digital collectible, but this is optional.
- It is unclear which chain will be used to mint the associated NFT collectibles.
The sentiment of the article seems positive overall, as it highlights the availability of the new sneakers without the need for an expensive NFT. The article also mentions the design features and options available with the sneakers, as well as the associated t-shirts. However, the uncertainty regarding the chain for minting the NFT collectibles may introduce some ambiguity.