Sushi Makes DeFi History with Native Bitcoin on ZetaChain
DeFi protocol Sushi has made history by adding support for the use of native Bitcoin on its protocol through an expansion to ZetaChain....
- Sushi, a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol, has added support for native Bitcoin (BTC) through ZetaChain.
- Users can now seamlessly swap BTC across 30 different networks without the need for wrapping the coin as an ERC-20 token.
- ZetaChain is a layer 1 blockchain and developer platform that enables cost-effective and secure transfers of digital assets across various blockchain networks.
- The collaboration between Sushi and ZetaChain aims to bring decentralized and permissionless trading of native BTC in the DeFi space.
- Sushi's popular offerings, including Sushi v2 AMM, v3 AMM, and SushiXSwap, will be integrated with ZetaChain.
- The Head Chef at Sushi sees this collaboration as a game-changer for DeFi, emphasizing interoperability and enhanced connectivity.
- The Lead Sushi Developer highlights the compatibility of ZetaChain with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and the new use cases it will create for Sushi.
- The team plans to launch a decentralized exchange (DEX) on the ZetaChain testnet and enable full functionality for Bitcoin interoperability on the mainnet.
The article highlights a positive development in the DeFi space with the integration of native Bitcoin support through ZetaChain. The collaboration is seen as a game-changer and offers new use cases for Sushi.