SEC reverses decision on sealing, redacting some documents in Binance.US case
District Court Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui has ordered sealed documents in the Securities and Exchange Commission's case against Binance.US unsealed. ...
- Sealed documents in the SEC's case against Binance are being unsealed.
- The order lists 18 sealed documents and nine partially sealed or redacted documents.
- Binance and any nonparty claiming confidentiality can argue against the unsealing.
- The sealed documents were filed on August 28 and are speculated to be connected to a US Justice Department investigation.
- The partially sealed documents include internal Binance.US documents, emails, and SEC court filings.
- Not all sealed documents filed in the case are mentioned in the order.
- The SEC case against Binance.US, Binance, and CEO Changpeng Zhao involves claims of unregistered securities operations and other improprieties.
- Binance.US requested a protective order against the SEC.
Go to publisher site
You May Ask
What is the reason for the unsealing of the sealed documents in the SEC's case against Binance?When were the sealed documents filed and what are they speculated to be connected to?What types of documents are included in the partially sealed documents?Are there any other sealed documents filed in the case that are not mentioned in the order?What are the claims against Binance.US, Binance, and CEO Changpeng Zhao in the SEC case?