SEC delays yet another bitcoin ETF rule change
After the SEC's filing is listed in the Federal Register, a comment period spanning at least 35 days will begin....
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has delayed a decision on the Global X Bitcoin Trust 19b-4 rule change.
- This delay follows a series of similar delays for both ethereum and bitcoin spot ETF rule changes.
- The SEC previously delayed a decision on Sept. 26 due to concerns during a government shutdown.
- The filing opens up a comment period expected to last 35 days after it is published in the Federal Register.
- Bloomberg analyst James Seyffart stated that the delay was expected.
- Bloomberg analyst Eric Balchunas mentioned that the SEC's Trading & Markets has engaged with exchanges regarding spot bitcoin ETFs.
Go to publisher site
The sentiment in the article is mostly neutral, with no strong positive or negative emotions expressed.
You May Ask
What is the reason for the delay in the decision on the Global X Bitcoin Trust 19b-4 rule change?How long is the expected comment period for the filing?Who stated that the delay was expected?What engagement has the SEC's Trading & Markets had with exchanges regarding spot bitcoin ETFs?What are some of the tags associated with the article?