Scaramucci Accuses Sam Bankman-Fried of 'Hurting' Crypto Industry in the U.S
Sam Bankman-Fried “really hurt the industry in the United States from a regulatory perspective,” Anthony Scaramucci has said....
- Anthony Scaramucci, venture investor and former White House communications director, believes that FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried has hurt the crypto industry in the United States from a regulatory perspective.
- Scaramucci claims that Bankman-Fried embarrassed politicians by giving them money and then causing a major situation, leading to a harsh crackdown on crypto regulation.
- Scaramucci praises Canada for regulating the crypto industry in a fair and collaborative manner, working alongside industry players and legislators.
- He also acknowledges Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) as a leader in the space, giving him an A for execution and growing Binance, but a lower grade for transparency.
- Scaramucci mentions that despite the SEC lawsuit, no criminal wrongdoing has been proven against Binance.
The sentiment of the article is mixed. Scaramucci criticizes Bankman-Fried and the resulting regulatory crackdown in the US, but praises Canada's approach to crypto regulation. He also gives a positive assessment of CZ's leadership but suggests room for improvement in terms of transparency.