Sam Bankman-Fried's father dragged his mother into an FTX US salary dispute
Bankruptcy court documents suggested that once Joseph Bankman involved Barbara Fried in a salary dispute with FTX US, SBF was able to provide millions of dollars in benefits. ...
- Joseph Bankman, the father of former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF), is involved in a legal complaint filed by FTX debtors.
- The complaint alleges that Bankman and SBF's mother, Barbara Fried, misappropriated millions of dollars through their involvement in FTX's business.
- Bankman's contract with FTX US should have provided a $200,000 annual salary, but he claimed to expect a $1 million salary.
- The complaint suggests that Barbara may have influenced SBF to change the salary terms.
- Bankman received significant benefits, including $10 million, a property in The Bahamas, expense reimbursements, and stock options.
- The legal team representing Bankman and Fried did not respond to inquiries.
- This legal action is part of the bankruptcy case involving FTX and its subsidiaries.
- Bankman-Fried is facing 12 criminal charges and is currently in jail awaiting trial.
- An appeal has been made to release SBF from jail to prepare for trial.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses allegations of misappropriation, legal action, and criminal charges against individuals associated with FTX.