A timeline of Sam Altman’s outing from OpenAI
The tech world reeled after OpenAI suddenly announced that it had fired Sam Altman as CEO. Here’s the rundown of everything that’s happened since. ...
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman was fired due to a breakdown in communication with the board.
- OpenAI president and co-founder Greg Brockman resigned in support of Altman.
- OpenAI's chief scientist Ilya Sutskever played an integral role in Altman's firing.
- Microsoft, OpenAI's largest investor and partner, expressed support for Altman and reassured their commitment to the partnership.
- Following Altman's departure, several senior OpenAI executives, including Brockman, resigned.
- Altman has begun discussing a new AI-related venture with investors.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is pushing for Altman's reinstatement as CEO.
- Tension between the nonprofit and for-profit sides of OpenAI is suggested by Sutskever's role in Altman's firing.
- Altman is awaiting a decision regarding his reinstatement as CEO.
The article portrays a situation of turmoil and controversy within OpenAI, with Altman's firing causing backlash and resignations. However, there is also mention of support for Altman and potential reinstatement.