Ripple’s James Wallis underscores CBDCs’ role in breaking financial barriers
Wallis clarifies that financial inclusion aims to extend financial services to individuals worldwide, especially those with low incomes and no ties to financial institutions....
- James Wallis, Ripple's VP for CBDC Engagements, emphasizes the role of CBDCs in advancing global financial inclusion.
- Financial inclusion aims to extend financial services to individuals worldwide, especially those with low incomes and no ties to financial institutions.
- Key factors behind financial exclusion include low incomes and a lack of ties with financial institutions, leading to the absence of a credit history.
- CBDCs provide a cost-effective solution by enabling financial services at a significantly lower cost than traditional methods.
- CBDCs offer streamlined payment options and chances to establish credit, even without previous ties to financial institutions.
- Ripple is working with over 20 central banks globally on CBDC initiatives and is the technology partner for the CBDC project in the Republic of Georgia.
- Ripple is actively engaged in CBDC collaborations in Bhutan, Palau, Montenegro, Colombia, and Hong Kong.
- Ripple received recognition from Currency Research for its contributions to digital currency advancement and best sustainability initiative.
The article highlights the positive impact of CBDCs in advancing global financial inclusion. It emphasizes the cost-effectiveness and benefits of CBDCs in providing financial services to individuals with limited resources.