Spain gives Ripio greenlight to offer crypto products
Crypto exchange Ripio has been approved to operate in Spain, a move that follows the approval of several competitors including Bitpanda....
- Crypto exchange Ripio has been approved to operate in Spain, following Bit2Me and Bitpanda gaining regulatory approval.
- Spain is positioning itself as a hub for digital asset companies after the Markets in Crypto Assets bill was passed in April.
- To obtain a VASP license, companies must undergo several prerequisites, including a risk analysis and a manual for preventing money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Ripio offers a suite of different products, including a trading platform, a crypto wallet, and a debit card that offers cashback in the form of USDC.
- Over seventy firms are registered as virtual currency and e-wallet service providers through the Bank of Spain, including Binance.
The article has a positive sentiment as it highlights the growing number of crypto firms being approved to operate in Spain and the country's efforts to position itself as a hub for digital asset companies.