Real world assets in DeFi: Buzzwords or the real deal?
Santos's conference experience saw a “renewed interest in DeFi,” with a particular focus on the concept of real-world assets....
- Investor Santiago Santos reflects on the discussion of real-world assets at the Blockworks Permissionless II conference.
- There is a renewed interest in DeFi and real-world assets, but not everyone believes the category will endure.
- Alliance DAO founding partner Qiao Wang argues that the concept of real-world assets is a "fake narrative."
- Santos suggests that industry leaders need to be more discerning when discussing real-world assets and that different classifications and buckets of real-world assets may gain more traction over time.
- The technology's selling point is its ability to import yield in various forms, including stablecoins.
- The phrase "real world assets" can be misleading as it implies that on-chain assets are not part of the real world.
The sentiment of the article is mixed. Santos expresses a cautious view on the concept of real-world assets, while Yanowitz sees potential in importing yield on-chain.