Over $204M was lost in Q2 DeFi hacks and scams: Report
More than a quarter of lost funds were due to “access control” issues, with exploits and rugpulls being the second and third most common causes....
- Over $204 million was lost in DeFi hacks and scams in Q2 2023.
- The number of DeFi hacks in Q2 rose by almost 7 times year-over-year, with 117 incidents during the period compared with only 17 in the same quarter of 2022.
- The top five hacks of the second quarter were against Atomic Wallet, Fintoch, MEV-Boost, Bitrue and GDAC.
- The most common cause of losses was "access control issues," responsible for $75.8 million of losses, or a quarter of the total.
- Losses from DeFi hacks and scams were actually smaller in Q2 than in Q1.
The article reports on the significant losses incurred due to DeFi hacks and scams in Q2 2023. The tone is informative and neutral.