OpenAI seeks to diffuse internal tensions after Altman departure: Report
Anna Makanju, the vice president of global affairs at OpenAI said that the top goal now is to “reunify OpenAI and discussions are actively ongoing.”...
- OpenAI executives are working to address internal discord following the abrupt termination of former CEO Sam Altman and others.
- OpenAI is in communication with incoming CEO Emmett Shear, the board of directors, and Altman himself.
- Tensions remain high, with staff threatening to quit if the current board does not resign and reinstate Altman and co-founder Greg Brockman.
- Ilya Sutskever, a board member, expressed regret for the decision to terminate Altman.
- Altman has been active on social media, expressing support for the team and emphasizing unity and commitment.
- Altman and Brockman have joined Microsoft to lead a new advanced AI research team, with Microsoft reaffirming its partnership with OpenAI.
The article describes a situation of internal discord and tension at OpenAI following the termination of the former CEO. However, it also highlights efforts to address the situation and the commitment of key individuals to the company's success. Overall, the sentiment is mixed, with a focus on resolving conflicts and maintaining partnerships.