ChatGPT maker Open AI hit with class-action lawsuit over alleged data theft
The rise of AI Tech has also nudged governments around the world to take notice and the likes of the United States and Europe have already proposed certain legislation around the nascent industry....
- Open AI, the creator of ChatGPT, is facing a class-action lawsuit in California.
- The lawsuit alleges that Open AI scraped private user information from the internet without consent.
- Open AI is accused of violating copyrights and privacy of millions of internet users.
- The lawsuit claims that Open AI illegally accessed private information from interactions with ChatGPT.
- Microsoft, a major investor in OpenAI, is also named as a defendant in the case.
- Open AI products are alleged to use stolen private information without informed consent.
- AI technology, particularly ChatGPT, has gained significant popularity.
- Governments, including the US and Europe, are proposing legislation to regulate the AI industry.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses a class-action lawsuit against Open AI for alleged privacy violations and copyright infringement.