Lawyer who laundered $400M from OneCoin scam denied new trial: Report
54-year-old lawyer Mark Scott has been denied a new trial despite his claims that a key government witness gave false testimony in a prior trial against him. ...
- Lawyer Mark Scott, responsible for laundering $400 million from the OneCoin fraud, has been denied a motion for a new trial.
- Scott argued that he didn't know OneCoin was fraudulent and should not be charged for his role in setting up the fund.
- He was found guilty of money laundering and bank fraud conspiracy in 2019, earning $50 million through a fraudulent fund.
- Scott's legal team sought a new trial based on false testimony from a government witness, but the request was denied.
- OneCoin was revealed to be a pyramid scheme, and Scott allegedly used the proceeds to finance an extravagant lifestyle.
- OneCoin co-founder Karl Greenwood was sentenced to 20 years in prison, while Ruja Ignatov remains on the FBI's Most Wanted List.
The article presents a negative sentiment towards Mark Scott and his involvement in the OneCoin fraud.