Neon EVM Launches Feature to Pay Transaction Fees With Different Tokens on Testnet
Neon EVM, an Ethereum Virtual Machine on Solana, has announced its testnet support for several tokens as an alternative payment for gas fees....
- Neon EVM, an Ethereum Virtual Machine on Solana, has announced support for several tokens as an alternative payment for gas fees.
- Users can now use SOL, USDC, and USDT to cover transaction fees instead of the native token, NEON.
- Developers can bridge tokens from Ethereum to Solana for integration into the Neon EVM ecosystem's dApps without requiring NEON.
- The payment feature will go live on Devnet in the following weeks and on Mainnet in Q1 2024.
- Neon DAO will determine whether additional tokens will be supported for transaction fee payment.
- The director of Neon Foundation, Marin Guryeva, highlighted the improvement in the platform's flexibility, lower transaction costs, and convenience.
- Neon EVM allows dApps built on Ethereum to operate seamlessly on Solana, tapping into its technical capabilities and emerging market.
- Solana's parallel execution of transitions through 'Sealevel' enables faster transaction processing and cost savings in gas fees.
- Neon EVM eliminates the 'empty tank' issue by supporting SOL, USDC, and USDT as payment methods for transaction fees.
- Neon EVM will continue to innovate and move towards more trustless solutions in the future.
The article highlights positive developments in the Neon EVM ecosystem, such as expanded token support for transaction fees, improved flexibility, lower costs, and convenience for users. The director of Neon Foundation expresses excitement about the platform's significant improvement.