Microsoft and Nvidia stocks reach all-time highs amid OpenAI CEO shuffle
Former OpenAI CEO Sam Altman has reportedly agreed to a position with Microsoft while Nvidia reaps the benefits of big tech’s scramble to build a better chatbot....
- Microsoft (MSFT) stocks reached an all-time high of $378.81 on Nov. 20, attributed to the hiring of former OpenAI CEO Sam Altman.
- Nvidia (NVDA) stocks also hit an all-time high of $499.60, continuing a trend of growth in the AI sector.
- Altman and OpenAI co-founder Greg Brockman will head up a new AI division at Microsoft, despite Microsoft's previous investment in OpenAI.
- Other notable AI stocks, including IBM and Tencent, have also shown high performance.
- Nvidia dominates the AI training hardware market with its GPUs.
- Altman's status at Microsoft is uncertain, as OpenAI employees demand his reinstatement.
The article discusses the surge in Microsoft and Nvidia stocks due to developments in the AI sector. The sentiment is generally positive, highlighting the growth and success of these companies.