Mark Cuban Loses $870K in Metamask Scam But Manages to Save Remaining Assets
Billionaire investor and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban confirmed a loss of approximately $870,000 in a sophisticated crypto hack. The stolen assets...
- Billionaire investor Mark Cuban confirmed a loss of approximately $870,000 in a sophisticated crypto hack.
- The stolen assets included Ethereum (ETH), USD Coin (USDC), and Polygon (MATIC).
- The hack was discovered by a pseudonymous blockchain detective named Wazz, who noticed suspicious transactions from an Ethereum address tagged as "Mark Cuban 2."
- Cuban revealed that he had downloaded a corrupted version of the MetaMask wallet, which likely served as the entry point for the hackers.
- Cuban managed to save $3 million worth of USDC by quickly transferring it to his Coinbase account.
- This incident highlights the ongoing cybersecurity issues in the crypto sector and serves as a cautionary tale for both individual investors and corporations.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses the loss suffered by Mark Cuban in a crypto hack and highlights the cybersecurity issues in the crypto sector.