Mark Cuban's loses $870K in hot wallet hack
It marks the second time Cuban has lost crypto in unfortunate circumstances, after he admitted to being rugged on a DeFi project back in June 2021. ...
- Nearly $900,000 worth of crypto was drained from one of Mark Cuban's hot wallets.
- The hack was first spotted by blockchain sleuth @WazzCrypto on Sept. 15.
- Assets such as USD Coin (USDC), Tether USD (USDT), and Lido Staked Ether (stETH) were withdrawn from the wallet within a 10-minute window.
- An additional $2 million worth of USDC was sent to a different wallet, raising suspicions of asset movement.
- Mark Cuban confirmed the hack and suggested the hacker may have been watching and waiting for an opportunity.
- Cuban transferred remaining assets to Coinbase Custody, confirming the $2 million USDC transaction was his.
- Community members speculate that Cuban's own actions may have led to the security breach.
- This is not the first time Cuban has experienced losses in the crypto market.
The article discusses a crypto hack involving Mark Cuban's hot wallet. The sentiment is negative due to the loss of nearly $900,000 worth of crypto and the potential security breach.