Major Cryptocurrencies Bitcoin and Ethereum Now Available for Swiss Santander Accounts
Santander Private Banking International now allows its high-net-worth clients with bank accounts in Switzerland to trade Bitcoin and Ether....
- Santander Private Banking International, a part of Banco Santander, is now allowing its high-net-worth clients with bank accounts in Switzerland to trade and hold Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH).
- The bank plans to expand its crypto offerings by introducing additional digital assets that align with its screening criteria.
- The service is available to all private banking clients with accounts in Switzerland, regardless of their residence.
- Crypto trading service is exclusively provided upon client request through their relationship managers.
- Digital assets bought by clients will be held by a regulated custodian.
- Santander's move sets it apart from many other major banks, as it offers access to digital assets on open and permissionless blockchains.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, highlighting Santander's move to offer crypto trading services to its high-net-worth clients in Switzerland.