Kraken Exchange Responds To SEC's Allegations - Here's What The Exchange Says
One of the oldest crypto exchanges found and established in the United States was Kraken. Founded in 2011, Kraken was one of the first Bitcoin exchanges...
- Kraken, founded in 2011, is one of the oldest crypto exchanges in the United States and valued at $10.8 billion in mid-2022.
- The SEC has filed a lawsuit against Kraken, alleging that it operated as an unregistered broker, dealer, clearing agency, and securities exchange.
- Kraken has responded to the allegations, stating that it disagrees with the claims and plans to vigorously defend its position.
- The company reassured its clients that the SEC's allegations will not impact its business operations.
- Kraken argues that the SEC has pushed for cryptocurrency exchanges to register without clear legislation or guidelines.
- The public response to the allegations has been mixed, with some claiming that customer funds are blocked, while others support Kraken's security and customer service.
The sentiment in the article is mostly neutral, with Kraken defending itself against the SEC's allegations and the public response being mixed.